Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches
1 large baking potato peeled and cut into ¼” dice
1 tsp. olive oil
¼ finely chopped shallots
½ tsp. dried thyme
6 oz. reduced-sodium deli sliced ham, chopped
4 large eggs
¾ cp low-fat milk
1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ cup shredded reduced fat Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 8 large muffin cups or 12 smaller muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place the potato in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover by 2”. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potato dice are tender but still hold their shape. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Stirring often. Add the ham and cook for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Then stir in the potato.
- Combine eggs, milk, chives nutmeg and pepper in a medium bowl. Fill each muffin cup with 1/8 of the ham mixture for the larger cups or 1/12 for the smaller cups, filling each cup about half way. Divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups and sprinkle with some cheese.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes for the large muffin cups and 18 to 20 minutes for the smaller muffin cups. The eggs should set and be slightly puffed. Remove from muffin cups and serve.
Serving size: 1 serving is 2 large or 3 small quiches
Dietary fiber: 2g